Wednesday, March 12, 2014

One More Try!-Back to Blogging

Yes It's me again and for those of you who have followed my previous blog and wondered if I had fallen off the face of the earth, I'm happy to report I'm still kicking but have done a lot less birding so I kind of stopped posting between that and no camera.  I just got a new Cannon a little over a month ago which has given me the blog bug again as you all know my fondness for photos but find I need a blog in conjunction with them as I'm not talented enough to let a photo tell a story and need words to do that and a blog is the perfect opportunity to do so.

Anyhow, this blog will not neccesarily be about birds, but of course I'll discuss them given they're a big part of my life, but more of a journal where I am training wise with my trail running.  I actually got back into that this past December and am happy to report I'm injury free and have honestly never felt better so think I finally figured out to go slow and steady instead of mad woman style which is what I usually do and my body protests.



Picture from a recent snowshoe run as the trails have too much snow for running.


Running the trails or rather snowshoe running at this point with all the snow we've had.  Can't wait for it to all be gone so I can get out just with trail shoes again!

And I'll blog about beer of course which continues to be a very important part of my life!  Have actually branched out some and while I still love my IPA's, this winter I have discovered porters and stouts and love them.  The Founder's Stout above is one of my favorites and on my list for this week end as I'm giving up beer during the week to get ready for trail running season this spring and want to be in top form and not overload the system with too much gluten (I am now just about gluten free, except for beer and the occasional bowl of oatmeal or grains when I want to be vegan for a day)

Another one, just because!  So good, try it if you dare and are worthy!

And of course what would any blog of mine be without random weird photos which are one of my favorite things to photograph.  Doll collection by friend Karen has in her hall.  Freaks me out everytime I walk past them but have to admit they are starting to grow on me.

So there you have it, I'm back to blogging.  Will be nothing like before as I don't have the time but am glad to be back at it.

Take care all.

2 comments:

  1. I would not want to sleep in the same house as those dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to find you after so long. Hope things are still going well.

    ReplyDelete